Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wedding Bells

My sister, Lindsey, is getting married on April 30, so we have been busy getting ready for the wedding! We are into the stage where we now have a shower/tea/party every weekend. They've all been great so far. Last weekend was the bachelorette party, which I hosted along with some help from a bridesmaid, Ashley. We kept things pretty simple: dinner at P.F. Chang's and a movie and desserts at Ashley's apartment. Although the party was not extravagant, it did seem like a lot of work. I think it was successful, though :) I wanted to share with you all one of the crafts that I did and a couple of the desserts that I made.
I wanted to make a creative centerpiece, so when one of my friends showed me this website, I knew that I wanted to somehow incorporate these adorable little rosettes. Once I got the hang of things, they weren't too hard to make. I ended up putting them with some "diamonds" in a vase labeled "S" for my sister's future name, "Schoenfeld." I think it turned out pretty cute.



I made three desserts for the party: raspberry lemonade bars, Oreo truffles, and cheesecake pops.

I got the idea for cheesecake pops from Bakerella, one of my favorite bloggers. I used this basic recipe but made the pops with a homemade butterscotch cheesecake at my sister's request. Cheesecake pops are so delicious and not too hard to make because you can use a store bought cheesecake if you prefer. I think they turned out well for my first try at pops! I decorated them with cute little "diamond" rings.
I have made Oreo truffles several times now, and they are always a hit. I get requests for them fairly often. The hardest part is dipping them in the chocolate, but that gets easier with practice. 



  • (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided



  • 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened


  • 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
  1. Crush 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
  2. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
  3. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with edible glitter, sprinkles, or anything your heart desires.
  4. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
                          

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I want some of those raspberry lemonade bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that recipe here: http://www.handletheheat.com/2011/04/raspberry-lemonade-bars.html

    ReplyDelete